Job Title: Project Manager – Traffic Engineering (PE Required, PTOE Preferred)
Location: Houston, TX
Company Description: Stevens Technical Services, Inc. is a renowned engineering firm specializing in traffic engineering , ITS, planning and research. With a strong commitment to excellence and client satisfaction, we provide innovative solutions to complex traffic challenges. As a leader in the industry, we are seeking a talented and experienced Project Manager to join our team and lead our traffic engineering initiatives in Houston, TX.
Job Description: As a Project Manager in Traffic Engineering, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing a diverse range of traffic engineering projects, including TxDOT PS&E (Plans, Specifications, and Estimates) and Traffic Engineering Studies. Your role will involve leading a team of professionals, collaborating with clients and stakeholders, and ensuring successful project delivery within specified timelines and budgets.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute traffic engineering projects, encompassing TxDOT PS&E and Traffic Engineering Studies.
- Lead and manage project teams, ensuring optimal resource utilization and timely completion of deliverables.
- Develop project plans, budgets, and schedules, monitoring progress to ensure adherence to project milestones.
- Collaborate with clients, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies to gather project requirements and ensure compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- Conduct comprehensive traffic analysis and studies, utilizing various software and modeling tools to assess traffic flow, congestion, safety, and other factors.
- Prepare detailed reports, presentations, and technical documents, summarizing findings and providing actionable recommendations.
- Review and approve engineering designs, plans, and specifications, ensuring alignment with project requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior staff members, fostering their professional growth.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments and trends in traffic engineering, actively participating in professional organizations and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of Texas is mandatory.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience (minimum 5 years) in traffic engineering, with a focus on managing TxDOT PS&E projects and Traffic Engineering Studies.
- Proficient knowledge of traffic engineering principles, methodologies, and relevant software/tools (e.g., Synchro, HCS, VISSIM).
- Familiarity with TxDOT standards, guidelines, and processes.
- Excellent project management skills, including effective task prioritization, resource allocation, and handling multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling successful collaboration with clients, team members, and stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with a commitment to delivering high-quality work and achieving project objectives.
- Proven leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate and mentor a team of professionals.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to project sites and client meetings as required.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Retirement savings plan with employer matching.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and company holidays.
- Professional development opportunities, including continuing education and conference attendance.
Application Process: To apply for this position, please complete our short Job Interest Form. We appreciate all potential candidate, but only those qualified will be contacted for further evaluation.
Note: Stevens Technical Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.